Safety & quality mark
Your safety is crucial to us. Essential Aesthetics is therefore proud to have ISO-9001 and NEN-8009 quality marks. This means that we meet international requirements for quality, safety and care. In addition, this certification emphasises the importance of the wishes of our patients and of our commitment to continuous improvement.
The perfect solution if you are looking to have smaller or firmer breasts.
Why choose for Essential Aesthetics?
Safety & quality mark
Your trust is the heart of our clinic
The standard of Essential Aesthetics is that the most precious asset that you place in our hands is treated with respect and dedication. Our team understands that surgery is a big step that has not only a physical, but also an emotional impact. We therefore do our utmost to support you in this as well as possible.
Excellence is our norm
The combination of international surgeons and the sharing of knowledge and experience enables us to deliver a high level of aesthetic surgery. The team of Essential Aesthetics always strives for the highest achievable and shows this through great involvement and striving for excellent results. Our surgeons have a heart for people and for everyone’s personal and natural beauty.
Unlimited pre- and post care
Essential Aesthetics is known for excellent before and after care. During the consultations we take the time to listen carefully to your questions and wishes. Our personal attention and warm approach makes you feel at home. Even after the procedure, our medical team will offer you the necessary care.
Whether you are experiencing back problems, feeling uncomfortable with your breasts, or simply think your breasts don’t fit your physique, whatever your reason for wishing abreast reduction, Essential Aesthetics is there to help you. Breast reduction can be perfect solution if you are looking to have smaller or firmer breasts. There are different methods for breast reduction, one of which is also removing fat (liposuction). Our surgeon will discuss the possibilities with you during a no-obligation consultation, so that the best result is achieved with as few scars as possible.
What happens during breast reduction surgery
This procedure takes place under general anaesthesia and lasts on average 2 hours. The surgeon makes an incision under the breasts and removes glandular and fatty tissue and skin. If necessary, the nipples are repositioned so that they fit the new shape of the breast. Usually two scars appear; in the fold under the breast and from the areola downwards (anchor scars).
What is GalaFLEX ®?
GalaFLEX® is a temporary, absorbable scafold used to strengthen, stabilize and support weakened soft tissue. It was designed to provide support immediately after breast surgery, which allows your body to heal and create a healthy new tissue plane of primarily mature collagen.
GalaFLEX® scafolds are made from a biologically derived polymer known as poly-4-hydroxybutyrate (P4HB™), which breaks downover time into CO2 and H2O, a process similar to absorbable stitches. This means that your body knows how to metabolize and completely absorb the scafold safely and naturally.
GalaFLEX® scafolds are offered in a variety of shapes for use in breast surgery procedures. Each GalaFLEX® scafold is selected by your surgeon specific to your body’s shape and needs.
How does GalaFlex work?
During surgery, your surgeon will place the GalaFLEX® scafold internal bra under your tissue.
The unique knit pattern of the scafold encourages rapid cellular infiltration and the formation of new collagen which is a key component of healthy skin tissue. This newly formed tissue is pliable yet provides strength, support and stability to the elevated tissue.
After 18-24 months, the scafold is essentially completely absorbed and eliminated from the body as water and carbon dioxide through natural physiologic pathways. No polymer metabolites remain after the degradation process is complete. The collagen tissue that remains is 3-4 times the original tissue strength.
The GalaFLEX® Family of Scafolds are used in patients who need additional support because of weakened or deficient soft tissue, in breast surgery procedures. The GalaFLEX® Family of Scafolds are used in breast procedures such as reduction mammoplasty, augmentation and revision surgeries.
Patients seeking to strengthen and stabilize weakened tissue during breast surgery may be a candidate for GalaFLEX® scafold.
GalaFLEX® Scafold Integration
7 Months – Mature collagen is prevalent and provides reinforcement to the elevated tissue.
1,5-2Years – The scafold absorption process is essentially complete.
1 Month – Healthy cells grow into the scafold.
D.O.P – Date of procedure.
1 Year – A new healthy tissue plane 3-4 times stronger than the original tissue remains as the scafold absorbs.
Actual results may vary
The Issue With Tissue
As we age so does our skin. After the age of 20, our skin loses about 1% of its collagen each year. This gradual loss of collagen is what causes skin to become thinner and less elastic, resulting in natural sagging and wrinkles.
There are many factors that can accelerate this effect, including:
Weight loss Sun & UV exposure
Menopause (Causing an annual decrease of over 1% of skin thickness and 2% of collagen)
Previous surgery (Scars only heal to 80% of their initial strength)
In most Breast surgery procedures, compromised and/or weakened soft tissue is tightened. Unfortunately, the tissue itself will not be stronger and gravity may once again cause tissue to droop or sag. This is why many surgeons choose to use a soft tissue support scafold like GalaFLEX®. Not only does it provide internal breast support to newly lifted and tightened tissue immediately after surgery, but it also allows soft tissue to heal stronger.
Why Soft TissueSupport Matters
Clinical studies show that within 10 years following surgery, between 32% – 48% of patients undergo a second surgery to revise their initial surgical results. The most frequent reason for revisionary surgery among aesthetic implant patients was the development of ptosis (42%) or sagging of the tissue.
How Do I Know If GalaFLEX® Is Right For Me?
Patients seeking to strengthen and stabilize weakened tissue during breast surgery may be a candidate for GalaFLEX® scaf¬old. Please consult your surgeon to discuss if GalaFLEX® sca¬fold may be right for you.
Here are some questions you may want to discuss with your surgeon:
- How would you describe the quality of my breast tissue?
- Do I have risk factors for weakened breast tissue?
- Will my tissue alone provide enough strength and support?
- Does my tissue need additional soft tissue support?
- Do I need a GalaFLEX® Internal Bra™?
GalaFLEX® scafold is designed to lift, reinforce and repair soft tissue where weakness exists in breast surgery. GalaFLEX® scafold internal bra provides soft tissue support for cosmetic breast procedures.
- Comprehensive portfolio of biocompatibility testing reviewed by FDA and Notified Body during regulatory approval process for P4HB products.
- Produced by a safe biological fermentation process, standard in pharmaceutical production. Not of animal origin, Not synthetic.
- P4HB devices implanted in more than 3 million patients worldwide.
- P4HB extensively researched with more than 60 clinical and scientific publications.
- GalaFLEX® does not interfere with diagnostic mammograms or ultrasound techniques.
- The GalaFLEX® Family of Scafolds is intended for use, as an adjunct to sutures, for the reinforcement and repair of soft tissue where weakness exists and where the addition of a reinforcing material is needed to obtain the desired surgical result in patients undergoing breast surgery.
- The GalaFLEX® Family of Scafolds is designed to be used in patients undergoing soft tissue repair and reinforcement in medically necessary breast surgery procedures where the existing soft tissue is deficient to support the surgical repair.
Examples of such breast surgery applications include reduction mammoplasty and breast revision surgery to correct a medical condition.
- The GalaFLEX® Family of Scafolds may also be used in cosmetic breast procedures.
After the procedure, your smaller breasts will be wrapped in compressive bandages, so you won’t immediately be able to see them. During the first period your breasts will be swollen. You will really notice the result after 6 months. The end result is attained in one year and by then the scars will have taken on the colour of your skin.
Recovery after a breast reduction
Your breasts will be firmly connected bandaged after the surgery. The bandage can be removed after 48 hours. You will wear a special postoperative bra immediately after the surgery. This bra looks like a sports bra and gives your breasts the support they need. Wear this bra for as long as necessary. Most patients experience a sensation of pressure on the chest. The pain is mostly not so bad and can be easily controlled with pain medication. Sometimes drains are inserted to drain wound fluid. For the first six weeks after surgery, it is not recommended to lift your arms higher than your shoulders or to lift things or exercise. After those 6 weeks, you can slowly start moving normally. Make sure however that your breasts remain well supported.
Safety through precautionary measures
You will receive, well before your surgery, a document with patient information, in which the general national advice is described in detail.
The surgeon will also give you specific advice. based on your personal health. Below is a brief summary of the general advice. Take this into account for the best results.
Before the surgery:
- Stop smoking at least 4 weeks before the surgery. This is better for blood circulation and healing.
- Discuss any medication you are taking with the doctor. Blood thinning medication should in general not be used for a few days before the surgery. If you are taking medication such as Marcoumar, Sintrom/Sintrommitis or Asprocardio, it is crucial youo discuss this with the doctor.
- If you take Aspirin or aspirin-containing painkillers (Advil, Diclofenac etc.), we advise you to stop taking them one week before the opersurgery tion and to start again only three days after the surgery. During this period you can use painkillers such as Paracetamol and Panadol.
- Start taking Arnica drops two weeks before the procedure, this will ensure that the bruises and any swelling disappear more quickly.
Arrange transport to and from home before the surgery. Driving after the surgery is not possible for about two weeks.
- Arrange help in the house for the first period. Especially the first nights we advise you not to be alone.
- Don’t forget to check if you have given the clinic all the information we need to order the special bra you will have to wear after the surgery. We advise you to order two bras.
The day of the surgery:
- Do not wear jewelry, watches or piercings.
- Make sure you don’t eat or drink 6 hours before the surgery.
- Take a shower or bath, after the surgery you may only shower again after two to three days.
- Give the person who is collecting you an approximate time. The doctor will help you estimate this.
After the surgery:
- After the surgery, you will be given prescriptions for medication such as painkillers in consultation with the surgeon.
- Your breasts will probably be tense and swollen after surgery due to the reduction. This takes just as long until the skin has adapted to your new breast size.
- Rest well for a few days after the surgery.
- Only sleep on your back for the first period. After two weeks you will be able to sleep carefully on your side.
- Ask the doctor when you can shower.
- Don’t lift your arms above your shoulders for the first two weeks. Don’t lift heavy things.
- On average you can’t work for a week, it can take longer with physically strenuous work. Ask the doctor for his estimate.
- Sports however are not recommended for the first 6 weeks after surgery.
- Swimming or sauna visits are also not recommended for the first 6 weeks.
Risks and complications
Like all surgeries, breast reduction involves risks and there is a risk of complications. The risks include:
- Unsightly scarring
- Bleeding (haematoma)
- Poor wound healing
- Changes in (the sensation of) the nipple, temporarily or permanently
- Sore breasts
Breastfeeding may not be possible after having a breast reduction, as some of the milk ducts leading to the nipples are removed as well.
The personal consultation
The first step towards more beautiful, smaller breasts is a consultation or consultation with our plastic surgeon. This consultation is always free of obligation. You don’t have to decide right away, but you can. The surgeon listens to your wishes and expectations and then looks at the possibilities together with you. Every body is different, for the best advice it’s important that the surgeon sees your upper body. Keep this in mind and put on easy-fitting clothing. If you have pictures or pictures of the breasts you want, take them with you and show them to the surgeon. Based on your wishes and the pictures, the surgeon can also assess whether your expectations are realistic. Together with the surgeon, you choose the perfect implants for your breasts.
The surgeon will ask you about your health, but also about your medical history. Tell as much as possible, all the details can be important for your own safety and for achieving the best result. The surgeon will honestly tell you if he thinks it is wise to perform the desired procedure and will go through it with you.
Take this opportunity to ask about other treatments or wishes you have. Our surgeons can give you important information about all our treatments.
Feel free to do follow-up research and read up on the internet in advance. Once you have decided which surgery you want, a care team member will give you the price of the treatment based on the doctor’s advice. It is often possible to make an appointment for the surgery immediately after the consultation. If you decide to take the next step in your journey to a nicer appearance, you will receive all important information in a patient information document.
Should you still have questions after the consultation, the care team will be happy to help you. You can ask your questions via e-mail, telephone or WhatsApp.
We are happy to guide you on your journey to rounder and smaller breasts.
- Breast reduction from € 6.500,-
- Postoperative scar treatment 125 euro per zone
Use the free (and obligation-free) consultation, to ask any questions you may have. The doctor will examine, together with you, the possibilities that best suit your body. Should you want another appointment after this one or need more information, we would be delighted to oblige. This is your body we are talking about, you deserve the best so make that appointment. Essential Aesthetics is proud to have already helped so many patients on their journey to a more beautiful body and is honored with a satisfaction score of no less than 96%. [Read the reviews here]
Now it is up to you! Book a free personal consultation with one of our care team specialists 070 220 2222. Because you are essential to us.
The second consultation with your chosen surgeon costs € 50 and is then deducted from the cost of the operation(s). Even if you do not go forward and book a treatment with us after the second consultation, you will still have received, for € 50, an extensive and medically sound consultation which will provide you with a lot of information, and a valuable basis for any subsequent steps.
Essential Aesthetics is a special clinic with ISO 9001 and NEN 8009 certification, in a beautiful monumental building in The Hague. We are specialised in plastic surgery, injectables, weight loss and anti-ageing treatments. From our vision, Essential Aesthetics offers you as much guidance as possible in all disciplines necessary for a healthy lifestyle.
Our clinic was born from the passion of one woman. The passion for beauty and a deep sense of gratitude for all that our body gives us has led to the life work of the owner and founder: a clinic that encourages women to become more self-confident and empowered and to enjoy more of the gift of a beautiful and healthy body. And that’s what Essential Aesthetics does with a passionate team of Dutch, international doctors and experienced experts. Essential Aesthetics is a brand made by women, for women. It’s a lot to trust your body to someone else. We understand that and therefore offer you only the best and safety from our clinic.
You can come to our clinic for fillers, muscle relaxants treatments but also for plastic surgery: breast augmentation, buttock augmentation, facelifts, liposuction and more. What makes our clinic unique is that we will also be offering you professional DNA research, nutritional advice, connective tissue massage and sports guidance.
Meet our specialists
Our ISO 9001 and NEN 8009 certified clinic only works with experienced qualified specialists with passion for the profession, who care and have an eye for your needs and wishes as our patient, with respect for your natural beauty. Our business is built around fulfilling your wishes! We bring in the commitment to details, to the highest quality and safety requirements, to ensure the best result. Thanks to our international doctors active in the field and up to date with the latest trends and techniques, we can help you to get the best result possible. Our specialists are looking forward to working with you to see how we can make your dream come true. The Essential Aesthetics care team is there for you before, during and after the journey. From the intake to the aftercare. With us you are in capable, safe hands because you are essential to us.
Dr. Gabriel Jansen
Cosmetic surgery requires a personal,
tailor-made approach, something that
Dr. Gabriel Jansen is always aware of.
Dr. Aniel Sewnaik
Dr. Sewnaik is a BIG-registered physician with years of experience in reconstructive surgery to the head and neck.
Dr. Luca Piombino
Dr. Luca Piombino is an Italian trained and registered expert in plastic surgery.
Dr. Professor Philippe Levan
Dr. Professor Levan is a leading French plastic surgeon with more than 27 years of experience in plastic surgery and a pioneer in the field of remodelling. He is an internationally recognized innovator in the field of buttock implants and the inventor of biconvex implants.