Saggy eyebrows often make us look older. Besides not liking your sunken eyebrows, you may also have physical complaints such as limited vision or pressure. By lifting your eyebrows, you can reduce muscle tension and the pressure on your eyelids. Sunken eyebrows can be lifted in two ways; with surgery or with muscle relaxants.
By lifting your eyebrows, you can lift your overall look, reduce muscle tension and
the pressure on your eyelids.
What happens during eyebrow lift surgery?
There are a number of possibilities to achieve the desired effect with surgery:
- The surgeon can choose to remove skin above the eyebrows or at the hairline of the temples. With this procedure you can go home after just a few hours.
- It is also possible to have the eyebrows lifted with threads, this lift will stay in place for about one year.
- You can also opt for a combination with an eyelid correction, in which case the eyebrow can be lifted with an internal lift through a subcutaneous suture.
Eyebrow lift with muscle relaxants
This lift is suitable for eyebrows that need to be lifted a few millimetres. The doctor places a few small pricks with muscle relaxants above the eyebrow, which lifts the eyebrow a few millimetres. See our page on muscle relaxants for more information. This way is the least invasive. After this eyebrow lift you will immediately see the result and you do not need any recovery time.
A no-obligation consultation with the surgeon is necessary to see which solution best suits your wishes and expectations.
Preparation for an eyebrow lift
Our care team will not only help you with the preparations and during your intake interview with the surgeon, but will also guide you after the surgery, so that you know what to expect and heal as well and as quickly as possible. You will receive a document with patient information and national advice well in advance. The surgeon and the care team will also give you advice that is specific to you.
The will get the best result by taking the following advice into account:
Before the surgery
- Stop smoking four weeks before the surgery
- Start taking Arnica drops two weeks in advance to reduce bruising and swelling.
- If you are taking medication such as Marcoumar, Sintrom/Sintrommitis or Asprocardio, consult your surgeon, the same applies to Aspirin or painkillers with aspirin such as Advil, Diclofenac and others.
- Do not use blood thinning medication before surgery.
- Don’t forget to arrange transportation home. Driving yourself after the surgery is not allowed.
- Arrange for someone to help you in your home for the first few days.
- If you wear lenses, make sure you have glasses with the right correction for the period after the surgery.
The day of the surgery
- Take a shower, after the surgery you may not shower for 24 hours. Use no make-up or facial cream
- Do not wear jewellery or watches
- Bring sunglasses to protect your eyes from direct sunlight after surgery
- Make sure you are not alone at home.
- Don’t forget to ensure for 24 hours proper cooling with a cold compress (tip: freeze some bags of peas, which you can use to cool). swellings are completely gone after 12 weeks.
- Rest preferably lying on your back so the swelling goes down faster.
- Keep the blood circulation active by taking walking about every hour. This promotes the healing of the wound.
- A shower is possible only 24 hours after the correction, and make sure the area of the procedure remains as dry as possible.
- Working can be resumed after a week, but only if it requires no more than moderate to light physical exertion.
- After a week you can move normally again and gently take a walk and ride a bicycle.
- Wait two weeks before using eye make-up
- For the first three weeks after the eyelid correction, make sure that you do not push, lift and bend.
- Contact lenses can be worn again after about three weeks.
- Exercising is allowed six weeks after surgery.
- Do not drive the first period yourself. You can ask your insurer whether or not you are insured after the surgery as a driver.
- Avoid direct sunshine on your wounds for the first months. So no sun or sunbed. Don’t forget to cover them properly when you’re planning on enjoying the sun with the rest of your body.
Risks and complications
There are risks associated with every surgery and your plastic surgeon will walk you through them. It is important for your own well-being and health not to withhold medical information and to follow the advice of the plastic surgeon. If you have any physical complaints, don’t hesitate and call or app the care team to see if an extra check-up by the surgeon is necessary.
Should you have serious complications in the first 24 hours after the surgery or run a fever, please contact our emergency line immediately. 06-9010340 (available 24 hours)
- Direct brow lift (local anesthesia) €1.730,-
- Internal lift with threads (local anesthesia) €450,-
Use the free (and obligation-free) consultation, to ask any questions you may have. The doctor will examine, together with you, the possibilities that best suit your body. Should you want another appointment after this one or need more information, we would be delighted to oblige. This is your body we are talking about, you deserve the best so make that appointment. Essential Aesthetics is proud to have already helped so many patients on their journey to a more beautiful body and is honored with a satisfaction score of no less than 96%. [Read the reviews here]
Now it is up to you! Book a free personal consultation with one of our care team specialists 070 220 2222. Because you are essential to us.
The second consultation with your chosen surgeon costs € 50 and is then deducted from the cost of the operation(s). Even if you do not go forward and book a treatment with us after the second consultation, you will still have received, for € 50, an extensive and medically sound consultation which will provide you with a lot of information, and a valuable basis for any subsequent steps.
Why choose Essential Aesthetics
Essential Aesthetics is a special clinic with ISO 9001 and NEN 8009 certification, in a beautiful monumental building in The Hague. We are specialised in plastic surgery, injectables, weight loss and anti-ageing treatments. From our vision, Essential Aesthetics offers you as much guidance as possible in all disciplines necessary for a healthy lifestyle.
Our clinic was born from the passion of one woman. The passion for beauty and a deep sense of gratitude for all that our body gives us has led to the life work of the owner and founder: a clinic that encourages women to become more self-confident and empowered and to enjoy more of the gift of a beautiful and healthy body. And that’s what Essential Aesthetics does with a passionate team of Dutch, international doctors and experienced experts. Essential Aesthetics is a brand made by women, for women. It’s a lot to trust your body to someone else. We understand that and therefore offer you only the best and safety from our clinic.
You can come to our clinic for fillers, muscle relaxants treatments but also for plastic surgery: breast augmentation, buttock augmentation, facelifts, liposuction and more. What makes our clinic unique is that we will also be offering you professional DNA research, nutritional advice, connective tissue massage and sports guidance.
Meet our specialists
Our ISO 9001 and NEN 8009 certified clinic only works with experienced qualified specialists with passion for the profession, who care and have an eye for your needs and wishes as our patient, with respect for your natural beauty. Our business is built around fulfilling your wishes! We bring in the commitment to details, to the highest quality and safety requirements, to ensure the best result. Thanks to our international doctors active in the field and up to date with the latest trends and techniques, we can help you to get the best result possible. Our specialists are looking forward to working with you to see how we can make your dream come true. The Essential Aesthetics care team is there for you before, during and after the journey. From the intake to the aftercare. With us you are in capable, safe hands because you are essential to us.
Dr. Gabriel Jansen
Cosmetic surgery requires a personal,
tailor-made approach, something that
Dr. Gabriel Jansen is always aware of.
Dr. Aniel Sewnaik
Dr. Sewnaik is a BIG-registered physician with years of experience in reconstructive surgery to the head and neck.
Dr. Luca Piombino
Dr. Luca Piombino is an Italian trained and registered expert in plastic surgery.
Dr. Professor Philippe Levan
Dr. Professor Levan is a leading French plastic surgeon with more than 27 years of experience in plastic surgery and a pioneer in the field of remodelling. He is an internationally recognized innovator in the field of buttock implants and the inventor of biconvex implants.