There are risks associated with every surgery. You will receive all the information about it from our plastic surgeon. It is important for your own well-being and health not to withhold medical information and to follow the advice of the plastic surgeon. If you have any complaints, don’t hesitate and call or app the care team to see if an extra check-up by the surgeon is necessary.
Complications that can occur:
- Haematoma formation (an accumulation of blood under the skin that requires removal)
- Negative reaction to the anesthetic
- Change of feeling
- Permanent visible scars
- Damage to underlying structures
- Airway disorder (difficulty breathing through the nose) due to swelling of the nose
- Damage to the nasal septum
- Reduced air circulation through the nose, e.g. due to obstruction.